Saturday, May 31, 2008

Shake Shake Shake






This was so easy, so fun, I might have to go into the ice cream business. You can buy the thermal bag at Michael's craft store for about five dollars. Kenz spotted it! I was looking at the Perler Beads and she brought it over. Can we get this Nana? I had no idea what it was or how or if it really worked, but when I tossed it in the cart, Kenz had a big smile on her face.
To make creamy ice cream mix together 1 cup of of half and half, 1-2 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Pour into a pint size ziploc bag and seal it.

Put that bag into a quart size ziploc bag that is half full of ice and salt (quarter cup) and seal it.


Put them both in the silver thermal bag.

Shake the bag for seven minutes. (Sing shake, shake, shake, shake your booty about 100 times.)


This process makes a creamy-icy ice cream. It melts fast but it's meant to be eaten right away.


The bag comes with a recipe book, for chocolate, peanut butter and a few others. I'm going to try to make my own recipe, Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream.


Doesn't that sound heavenly?

Kenz put frozen blueberries on her batch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous! We don't have THIS over here!!!! Damn!

Nana Connie said...

Angeline... would it cost an arm and a leg to send you one?

Anonymous said...

What a fun activity!! I'll have to see if I can find one at the Michael's near me . . .

Total Pageviews