Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Agenda



  • summer's here
  • and the time is right
  • for playing in the yard

Kenz doesn't care how cold the pool is, she jumps right in. Brody is right at home in her old pink push car. Ah life, without a diaper. In case of accident, just get the hose!

I've had what seems like hundreds of summers in our yard, with my own kids and even though I'm old, and working, twenty-four hours a week as a nurse, I'm determined to package up a new summer of fun for my grandchildren (and me). The good thing about fun is that it's cheap, and guaranteed to happen in the presence of grandchildren. Part of the reason for this, of course, is that they go home and you can rest.

Kenz had a friend over yesterday and they splashed away while Brody delighted in their screeches and 'look at me's'. He is wearing one of Kenzie's old hats. It has a pink lining, but you can't see it. I'm recycling the early days of Nana babysitting Kenz. I kept most of her essentials, like cute hats and cars, toys, blankets, the crib and books, books books!

I never thought I'd do it again, but here I am under that magic spell of grandparenting. Grandpa is right there with me.

Wella, Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Baby Brod & Morgan Grace said...

CUTE PICTURE!!!!! Brody adores his cousin Kenz!

Total Pageviews