Monday, June 21, 2010

Emerging




Is that Nana on the computer? No, it's Kenz. She just finished a two week computer class where she studied the transformation of a chrysalis to a butterfly. She learned about text art painting and how to look up information on Wikipedia. Up until now she wasn't much of a computer bug.

She's a natural on the computer. She downloaded and saved a few of her creations. 


                               Rain




Red Smile



loVE




I am loving Kenz's new haircut. It's a bob Nana. Did you ever hear of a bob cut Nana?
Boy, have I ever. I feel like I am looking at me when I was seven. We didn't have computers back then, but we certainly did have bobbed haircuts and pixies. (Remember pixies?)




A chrysalis (Latin chrysallis, from Greek χρυσαλλίς = chrysallís, pl: chrysalides) or nympha is the pupal stage of butterflies. The term is derived from the metallic gold-colouration found in the pupae of many butterflies referred to by the Greek term χρυσός (chrysós) for gold. When the caterpillar is fully grown, it makes a button of silk which it uses to fasten its body to a leaf or a twig. Then the caterpillar's skin comes off for the final time. Under this old skin is a hard skin called a chrysalis.[2]  FROM WIKIPEDIA

1 comment:

Grandma Shelley said...

It makes us grandmas feel so good to see our grands learning new things. I have a nine year old grandson at invention camp this week. I can't wait to hear about it.

He is already the one that can figure out any of my electronics for me. Today's kids are amazing!

Total Pageviews