Sunday, April 22, 2007

Earth Evening

In celebration of Earth Day, I plan to visit my "Wild Oats" grocery store for an informal outdoor concert by an American Indian musician. He's a one man band of flutes, drums, cymbals, rain sticks... a concert of relaxation.

Last evening, when I bopped over to my "Wild Oats" to pick up some cherry turnovers and two chocolate haystacks from the bin, I got my FREE Natural Awakenings Magazine. I like to eat my healthy desserts and read the magazine together.

Some of the articles are way out there and it makes me wonder if there is not a whole 'nother' species of humans in my town actually living on another planet. There certainly are some interesting things happening in Intestinal Health and Body Work and a plethora of spiritual teachers.

Recently, my wise old sister Jean gave me a bit of advice when approaching the modalities of healing and spirituality. "You take what you need and leave behind that which doesn't work for you." In my next post I'll tell you about Richard Lou'v book which is reviewed in the rag. It's titled "Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature Deficit Disorder."

No comments:

Total Pageviews