Thursday, May 17, 2007

School's out for the summer... School's out......







Ah Summer! When I was growing up, the beginning of summer was always a special time. When June rolled around, the three months to follow were always a sort of magical forever. Even though it's still officially Spring, Kenz and I have kicked off the first week of summer vacation with a flurry of activity. We've dived right into swimming, playing with friends, and attending a Princess Tea Party. Kenz continues her regularly scheduled dance class, which will end for the summer with a recital the second week of June. Her class will perform "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid. I've downloaded the song on my Ipod so she can practice her dancing in the playroom or go through the motions in her head when we are in the car. I think the lyrics are quite nice. The Mermaid Ariel would give up her world to have legs. It reminds me of some of the comments I have received from a few grandparents over the last four years. "Oh, I would love to be able to see my grand children everyday." And others, "How fortunate you are to live so close to your children and to watch your grandchild grow." Nowadays, a song that could describe my days with Kenz comes from the old musical MY FAIR LADY. "I've grown accustomed to her face. She almost makes the day begin. I've grown accustomed to her smiles, her frowns, her ups, her downs. A second nature to me now, like breathing out and breathing in ......... la la la la la la la la....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is such a blessing to have the ability and opportunity to be there for Mackenzie. She is such a sweet girl...everytime that she smiles she makes me smile too. Keep on the good work!!!

Total Pageviews