Saturday, June 2, 2007

Fiction or Non-fiction?


I don't know which genre my granddaughter has chosen to write in this week. Recently her mother has been playing a little game with her of ---'you tell me a story and I write it down.' The following is a story four-year old Kenzie told Nana yesterday. She insists that it's non-fiction, but I haven't yet been able to confirm whether it's true or not. It has all the elements of a good story, plot, suspense, climax and resolution!


Snake Story
One day me and my dad were taking a walk. We were walking home with Kyla and Capri. We came back and there was a snake in the house. It was hiding. My dad was trying to kill it with the broom. The tail was sticking out. It was sticking out from under the Frigerator. And then, me and Kyla were going in our room, slammed the door so hard and put our hands over our ears. And my dad was killing it. And he said, "It's over now. " It wasn't a rattlesnake but it was a corn snake.

No comments:

Total Pageviews