Friday, May 14, 2010


I love these Spring almost Summer mornings. There's a million birds singing outside my office (slash playroom) window. Every once in awhile I hear the footsteps of an early riser pounding the pavement.

As I've told you before, Friday is my weekend. I have nothing scheduled.

This doesn't mean I'm not busy, it just means that this is a day (hopefully)  that I don't have to GET UP AND GO.

Ever since Brody came into our lives, I have elected to work weekends. This way I can have time with him during the week.  Kenz is busy on the weekends with her dad and mom taking her to parties and playdates. (Or chillin)  I try to get over and see her during the week or pick her up from school when I can. With summer vacation, I'll get to see more of her happy face.

In between all the hugs and kisses and songs and books I share with my grandchildren, there are the moments like these.

Quiet ones 


Moments that I can choose what to do. This is one of the best things about being a grandparent. We can make the most of the time we have with our grandchildren and the most of the time we have with ourselves. 

Remember all the to do in the eighties about quality time?

I didn't understand it back then. I was all about quantity time.  My thinking definitely has changed. The quantity of time left in our lives is shortening, so the flip side is... yep....creating quality in the moments, no matter what I'm doing.

There is no doubt about it, grandparenting is great! Grandparenting is also a responsibility. It is a time  to nurture and empower our children's children's that are going into the  far   off   unknown future. It is also a time to nurture ourselves who are already in our future. I have to quote Hannah Montanna's hit song of a few years back.

It's the best of both worlds.

Happy Friday!






No comments:

Total Pageviews