Monday, December 24, 2007

Heavenly Holidays

Kenz's Second Christmas


I am in 7th heaven when Beth is here....not only does she make me feel younger, and feel better, but I get to look at the world through a child's eyes....plus I get to spoil her, and send her home. Not responsible for how she grows up and turns out. All I have to do, is love her and and play.. ha ha...oh yes, and cook! However, I do make her mind...!

These words came in an email from a relative, a grandma who is having her six year old granddaughter to her house for Christmas and the holidays. Her granddaughter lives half-way across the country, but they have a wonderful closeness that began when Beth was born.
In the few short sentences above, I think she sums up the feelings of millions of grandparents who will be spending the next few days with their children's children.
Grandchildren are the most precious of all the ornaments of Christmas.
(Oh and by the way, don't forget to say hello to your children.)

No comments:

Total Pageviews