Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Same girls in both photos

Same girls in both photos.




Yesterday when I wrote this post I was in a hurry to get out the door. I left it wordless. How do you explain this? was in the title bar. This morning I have a few minutes to reflect. The lovely lanky girl in the red shirt is Kenzie, my first born grandchild. Her mother, my daughter is in in her mid-thirties. I've always lived close to Kenz and a week doesn't go by when we don't have time together. I was there when she was born and watched her grow from that minute on.
 
So much is said and written about the beautiful relationships grandparents have with grandchildren. In our case, this couldn't be more true. I am certain that grandchildren (even preteens) are gifts sent to brighten our worlds. And vice versa. I would even venture to say that grandchildren pick which families they choose to be born into. The cosmic belief that our souls come to learn lessons is something grandparents are in a unique position to observe. Being a generation removed we have a better view to 'see' their interactions with parents, friends, siblings, cousins and with life. (Instragram can help.)  Every time we look in their eyes we are seeing souls that will be here when 'we fly away.'
 
 

No comments:

Total Pageviews