Sunday, February 14, 2016

Everything Valentines

Thanks Lou! Love the Grande Americano Black!
It has been a nice long Valentine's Sunday. I got a hair trim, took Brody to Target, looked at the buds on the tree in the yard  and ate Lou's Cornish Hen. What more could a granny ask for?
 
 


 
 
 There was one thing I could have done without. Today I also took everything out of my closet.
 
 Being the collector I am, let me tell you, it was not fun. I will not be showing you pictures of the mess. This blog is honest, but not brutally so.  Those who are close to me know that I am---a collector, not a hoarder, but a lover of stuff, mainly books, photos, notebooks, cool magazines, boxes (I love boxes). And I love books. Enough is enough about that.
 
Why did I take everything out of the big closet? Because this week the plumbers are coming to replace the poly water pipes with Pex pipes. My closet, my bath, shower, and tub will be out of commission. As will the kitchen and the garage. And part of the laundry room.
 
When it was decided this must be done, I was not happy. I whined a bit, sulked, not hard to do. Well, that was many months ago and now the long planned project will begin this week.
 
Here's the punchline of this post.  I have decided that although I am not happy about having a plumber chopping down walls at eight in the morning, scattering drywall into the home environment and coming and going into my chambers--- I will not complain. 
 
This is a conscious choice. I will not get annoyed, roll my eyes at Lou, cuss (yes cuss) cry or whine. 
 
And why am I choosing to have this attitude?
 
Just planning ahead. Planning to be pleasant. Planning not too make anyone including myself miserable.
 
It becomes easier to make these choices as you grow older.
 
 Because I know (you probably do too) that this week will pass. 
 
                                  This too shall pass! 
 
My stuff will go back where it belongs and some will even going to the Sal Army. Things have a way of thinning themselves out.  Even unpleasant things can leave us in a better place.
 
About those tree buds.
 
In one of Shakespeare Love Sonnets he called them darling. How fitting! The buds are darling! Here's a few lines, as this Valentine's day fades away......
 
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate,
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of
May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date,
sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd
By chance of nature's changing course untrimmed,
But thy eternal summer shall not fade.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Total Pageviews