- Unwrap the softened sticks of butter; a waxy mess.
- Add (less than the recommended amounts) white and brown sugars. (What's the difference in the color, Nana?)
- Begin the creaming process. Start with a spoon and graduate to clean little fingers.
The next steps:
- Crack some eggs while attempting to get most of them in the little bowl. (Brown organics make for interesting discussion) Beat em up good and put em in with the butter and sugar.
- Smell the Vanilla flavoring before adding. Squish.
- Then in a different bowl fluff some flour with baking soda and some cinnamon (the end result tastes better if it gets well---sifted)
- Put the flour with the butter, sugar, egg stuff, (That's so funny that they call it flour Nana, it doesn't even look like flowers.)
- Squish, squash, squish.
- Now attempt to add three whole cups of oatmeal. One at a time. (Nana, your turn, my hands are too tired)
Without all the egg in the mixture, things were a little dry. We fixed it with a little water and made almost all the oats magically--- disappear. Kenz then found the ice cream scoop to measure out some big balls of dough on to the cookie sheets. (Not like the ones we sleep on!) Baking report. The cookies were actually-- tasty! Clean up was a bit extensive, but that's why paper towels were invented.