Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labors Day

Nana, do you know what Monday is?

This was the first thing Kenz asked when I picked her up from Montessori on Friday.
Before I had a chance to answer, she blurted out, Nana, it's Labors day!

"Labors day?"

Yes Nana, it's a holiday when people don't work and I don't go to school. It's Labors day!

Labors. It sounds so cute. I hope, at least for this year, she won't stand corrected.

In celebration of Labors Day, I am doing no labor. I didn't even make my bed, which for me is a big departure from the norm. I am not cooking (not that I do too much of that sort of labor) and I am not child caring. Unfortunately, today Kenz and her mom are sick with something upper respiratory. ( I visited to read a story, but they are better off resting, so I left them to commiserate together.) The new baby is not born yet, any day now.

Today, I am doing nothing in the work category. It's not like me to not be doing something that produces something as a result, i.e. laundry=clean clothes, vacuuming=clean rug, wiping off surfaces=less germs, Swiftering= less dog hair. (Oops, forgot, I did Swifter my daughter's house. I'm on automatic when it comes to the cloths which collect dog hair.)

As a matter of fact, after I finish this post, I will go back to my couch, to my book and to the Weather Channel. I might even fall asleep.


Tomorrow may we all be rested people because today was Labors Day.

6 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Labors day...that is so cute. I know what you mean about not wanting her to be corrected for at least a year. I remember when Elora would say lellow for yellow and I didn't want anyone to ever correct her.

Tiffany said...

Aw, hope they are feeling better soon!
Sounds like you had a nice Labors Day :o) It's good to do absolutely nothing every once in a while...
~Tiff

Dorothy said...

Out of the mouths of our grandchildren..don't you just love it. I'm back and at work...uhg..will be doing our blog roll this week and yes your on mine as well. We have to get the message out together as to the importance of grandmas and the family. I gave your link to my daughter last night to read. She'll be signing Sherry from grammology...she's 42 and the mom of my seven grandchildren. She is a cracker jack....

Thanks Dorothy from grammology

Anonymous said...

Very sweet - maybe Labors Day will become part of your family expressions from now on.

Anonymous said...

*laugh* i used to think that way too...how come we celebrate labours day without labouring...

Zip n Tizzy said...

Cute... Sounds like there will be two Labors days this month. One with a lot more labor. Hope it goes smoothly and congrats on you new grandbaby to be!

Total Pageviews