Friday, December 26, 2014

Reveling in Relaxation

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Love from Kenzie, Nana and Brody!


We have had Christmas Eve and Christmas. The presents were piled up. Brody, sweetest guy ever was here charming us all. Kenz , smartest brightest girl ever, was here enjoying it all, being her conscientious self, graciously giving and receiving.

I have had five days off, well two more to go. I've brought home a little bit of work from the office, a little bit, so I don't get overwhelmed next week. I haven't done it yet, tomorrow. I know Monday will be back to greet me with with lots to do. I have to admit I am feeling restless. This can not stop feeling is not comfortable. I know that this is a red flag,  a sign to... relax. For days now,  I have been shopping, decorating, cleaning, wrapping and facebooking. Early this morning I went out to the almighty Kohls and spent my Kohls cash, which I doubled up with my returns. I got new walking shoes Aasics for 21 dollars! Then I went to TJ Maxx bought new sheets. I stopped in Bed, Bath and Beyond and ran into a work associate. We chatted about the upcoming changes coming to our corporation.  I came home and took a long walk. I read a short story from " Too Much Happiness" by Alice Munro. I looked through my documents file at all the cool things I have written in the past.  I ate some delicious Terreaki Chicken Lou made on the grill. I drank a glass of red wine out of my reindeer Pier One wine glasses from my daughter in law. The sun was setting, but I was rearing to go. Louis after a busy day of fixing the ice maker and raking the leaves was ready to settle in to a long winter's nap. A winter night, bitter and cold was beginning to descend. The desert temps are supposed to dip to 27 tonight.  As I write this I am still dressed, thinking of going out to get some contac cleaner.  Eee gads!  Calm down. I have enough to make it another night. All is calm. All is bright. Sleep in heavenly peace. I plan on a great night sleep, but I don't want to miss out on the next few hours. This is what a busy career does...it w...i...n...d...s  you up. Keeps you in go mode. Or in get ready to go mode. It would take me a week to settle down and probably another whole week to truly regroup.

Thanks for listening. Now that I got that off my shoulder, ahh maybe I can relax. Wash my face. Do some more reading. Revel in the weekend ahead, revel in relaxation. Savor the last days of 2014. Life is good and it's only going to get better.  Peace to you and peace to me.

No comments:

Total Pageviews